Monday 2 July 2012

The Joys of Being Creative

If there's one thing my holiday taught me, it was that I can't keep going on full power 50 weeks a year and not have a break. My work didn't end when I returned home at night. I usually made tea and then ended up on the computer, listing and working on my website, both the Inspired by Script one and the North Yorkshire Weddings one, then blogging, again on my Inspired by Script Blog and my North Yorkshire Weddings Blog. I'm also involved with the collective Weddings North Yorkshire which I helped set up, to connect Brides and Grooms with Wedding Suppliers in the North Yorkshire area. All this takes time. Time that you cannot charge for and time you cannot factor into your day... so it has to fit in somewhere.

For sometime, I have been working almost 7 days a week and something has to give. Mondays are my quietest days, so I have decided that from now on I will be open Satudays but closed Mondays. Most of my clients work full time and when they are finished work, so have I.

I've also been wanting to follow up another idea.... and this goes back some time. The Studio does seem to attract other creative's. Work and money aside, I am often asked for help and advice. Having to learn along the way and fallen down many pitfalls myself, I love helping and encouraging others to either BR CREATIVE or FOLLOW THEIR PASSION.

Sometimes the only help people need is a little encouragement to believe in themselves, other times they need some practical help and advice on where and how to sell and market their work.

Long established businesses are only too willing to come forward and offer their advice too. So I am in the process of building a new blog called Makers and Shakers! I'm hoping eventually that this will become popular and interactive, with those new to making money from their Art and Crafting skills coming out into the open and sharing their creativeness and their experiences.

All this of course, takes time and somehow you have to find the time.... so I have decided that although I will be away from the studio on Mondays... I will be still working.... Blogging, listing on websites and writing articles.... but without distraction from all the creative stuff around me.

So, if you are an artists, crafter, beginner or long established business, I'd love to hear from you!

Pop over to the blog http://makersandshakers.blogspot.co.uk/
and remember to join us on Facebook at our Makers and Shakers Page.

As always, I love to hear from you, so please contact me though my Inspired by Script email address

Happy creating,
Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...