Monday 27 June 2011

Cloths of Heaven - W B Yeats in Calligraphy

Commission - Cloths of Heaven - W B Yeats



Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,



Enwrought with golden and silver light,



The blue and the dim and the dark cloths



Of night and light and the half-light,



I would spread the cloths under your feet:



But I, being poor, have only my dreams;



I have spread my dreams under your feet;



Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


It's always nice to work on a commission, especially when it is for a special occasions. This poem, Cloths of Heaven by W B Yeats must be one of my favourites.



The lettering colour choice was to be Aubergine and Plum to fit in with a particular colour scheme. Plum purple, silver and burgundy red, pastel hearts tumble down the page to compliment the lettering wonderfully.



The whole piece was mounted in a single plum mount which really set the whole piece off.



Commissions come to me for many different occasions. This one was for a 20th Wedding Anniversary from a wife to her husband.



Materials:



Fabriano 5, Gouache, Pastels and Silver paint.

2 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, kudos to you!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you miss scarlet. I really must start putting down the sizes as well to give folk some idea of scale :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...