Monday 25 June 2012

Back to my creative space!

What a wonderful week!
I don't take holidays easily....but sometimes you just need to get away from it all to give your brain time to rest and think....especially us creative types, who find it hard to stop!
But stop I did.
No computers, no telephones, no TV and no newspapers.
What a perfect world!

We did however, manage to go to one of Steve's (aka - The Alchemist!) suppliers and spend more than a little on glass!
Ok so I actively encouraged him to spend..... but I was like a kid in a candy shop and my fetish for Paper is not too different than his fetish for glass!

We also met with lots of other creative people and he especially made some great connections.... all very good news for him and exciting times ahead... I expect he will blog about this on his 'Steve Smiths Jewellery Blog' very soon.

Today... I was back at the studio and itching to get started on some new projects that came to me while I was away. See, I may not have had access to the internet or art tools.... but the brain still works and somehow I managed to store up ideas from the inspiration I gathered around me!

But first....after re-vamping the Gallery and shop, I thought it was time to have a real good clear out.... so I can see the wood for the trees and work more efficiently.
Before I was busy I tended to work quite chaotically but now I need to re look at how I do things and where I store things and throw away, long worn out ideas and most of all BITS OF PAPER!
So, for this week, I am in semi-holiday mode. Things are on the back burner while I get my act together. Of course, the studio is once again, open for business... and I'm looking forward to what the future brings....Exciting times!

If you would like to see my work for sale.... hop on over to my website and of course..... don't forget to follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...