Monday 21 September 2015

#TOP TIP TUESDAY from InspiredByScript.co.uk #2


#2 WHEN ORDERING STATIONERY 
GIVE YOUR WEDDING STATIONER 
PLENTY OF NOTICE

Can you tell…. This has happened to me? Countless times!
The hardest thing for a stationer who loves to make invitations and stationery that is extra special and totally made to order is that now and again and usually during your busiest periods, you’ll get that all important distress call from someone who has been ‘let down’, by another company.

Now, this is all very well, but I wasn’t your first choice…..so this really isn’t MY problem. I do try and help as best I can, but my clients (and I’m sure I speak for all the other wedding stationers here too) COME FIRST!

Fortunately, my clients know from the outset the lead time I need, so this never happens.

I’m often asked “How long will it/they take”.
The factors here are
1)   How long will it take the client to proof and approve the proofs?
2)    How busy I am at that particular point.

We do try and keep on top of things and generally work comes in steadily, so I am well paced…. But every now and then, it can become manic and everything falls at your feet in one fell swoop BOOSH! Yeah… then I panic (a little).

So you can see, if this is one of those times and we have a 3 week waiting list, those “I’ve been let down and need this for next Friday… and it has to be posted…and I’m not paying for extra 24hour carrier” phone calls are not very welcome.
We don’t work well under pressure.

Many of my US friends who also make Wedding Invitations and Stationery charge DOUBLE on the labour costs. The reason for this is, their diary’s are usually full and they have to hire in extra help. The cost has to be covered somewhere.

RMEMBER: Look after your service provider and they will look after you!

HELP OTHERS & SHARE...
SHARING IS CARING

WHAT'S YOUR TOP TIP?
Leave a comment by clicking the comments tab, we'd love to hear about them.

FIND THIS USEFUL?
Hit the share buttons in the box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...