Wednesday 23 July 2014

Saying goodbye is hard to do!

I love this place... I really do, but the big being a one-man-band... (ok 2 man if you count the Fridays and Saturdays when Steve's here to help) makes it a military exercise to organise.

Brides and Grooms getting married in the week leading up to and the week after the holidays need to be sorted. They rely on me to get their 'on the day' items finished in time to be collected BEFORE the wedding... it's not much use afterwards.

Then there's another issue....being away from my creative space! All those pen, pencils, ink, card, glue, foil.... yes let's not forget the foil.... and you can bet your bottom dollar the minute I step away and close the door, the idea fairy will wave her magic wand and sprinkle a ton of inspiration dust on my head.



I'm sure only other creative's will understand how hard it is to walk away. Our art materials are our crutch... both emotional and spiritual. Being creative is both a joy and a pain. If you are away for any length of time it's like someone has chopped your arms off. Itching to do something... anything.... but not just sit and relax.

I know, I know, we're only shutting up shop for a week.... but honestly it will feel like a lifetime. I'll remind myself that no-one will die because I am not open, all orders to date have been done and any new couples will still be waiting for me on my return.

Whether it rains or shines.... we'll be having a well earned rest. 
We'' be back on Friday 1st August 
with a spring in our step and hopefully not too spaced out. 

Now..... where's that bell tent!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...