It's that time of the year!
New Years Eve 2013....
It's time to open and reveal
all the good things that
have happened this year.
I have to say... I was surprised by how many bis of paper I had added..... although I was even more surprised that I added more at the back end of the year than the front. Surprised especially because the Winter is a particularly bad time for me as I suffer with Seasonal Affective Disorder.... I've told Steve that moving to Australia would help.... but I'm not sure he heard :-)
Even Pudding came to help.....
I have to say here.... that there were far more 'Good Things' happen in 2013... like the business taking off beyond my wildest dreams, and after many years of hard graft and struggle, but I suppose I was so busy, especially during the Summer months, I didn't have time to add every little thing... which added to be bigger 'thing'.
So.... what's in my Good things jar 2013?
- Starting Zumba!
- Starting a new Website to help other create their own websites and market their work.
- Started online course On marketing with book more brides
- Daisies joy when grandad fixed her chair
- Bulbs for my birthday in September
- Finally got my bulbs planted in December
- A surprise bottle of mead from Steve
- Painted the kitchen lime green
- Fantastic Christmas day spent with the grandkids Paul and Sarah
- Fantastic, tasty Christmas Dinner cooked by my son
- Blues lab results coming back negative
- So happy we got all our Christmas shopping finished
- Valentines day my gorgeous Steve took me to my favourite restaurant
- 14 August painted the shed wacky colours including hot pink lime green and turquoise
- End of January for an busy month with lots of wedding orders
- My new Runrig CD and DVD from Steve's mum and sister for my birthday
- taking Daisy for her third birthday present
- Steve's moms successful operation
- Hearing a friends cancer have not spread to her lymph nodes
- Receiving flowers from a happy customer
- Bonfire night with the grandkids
- Taking the grandkids to Darlington Park. Riding on the bikes with Daisy
- The little love notes Steve leaves for me
- Darlington Sunday People's market for meeting such wonderful people
- Watching Daisy for the first time on her scooter, Racing up and down the shop
- Enough eyesight left to at least continue my work and draw doodles
- Being presented with a Handmade wooden heart-shaped box containing a wedding ring
- 20th of September taking daisy on her first camping experience
- The best trading year ever
- Taking friends and their kids to their first camp
- Landmass camp 2013
- Watching pudding cat mesmerised by the singing Santer
- Finally getting round to painting the bathroom cupboard
- A friend Garys all clear results 10th of December the day after he moved into his new home
- Grateful that my friends and family survive the storms October
- Finally finished Christmas shopping thanks to Steve going to go outdoors 18th of December
- Every November I am reminded of the kindness shown by my calligraphy friends around the world in my hour of need
- The lovely long hot summer we've had and the mild winter
- Seeing Mylo riding daisys electric scooter
- Relieved that Paul's car didn't cost as much to get fixed as we thought it might
- My Kirk lettering newsletter that keeps me in touch with North Yorkshire calligraphers
- Being with friends on a campsite. It's the simple things of life
- The cute Santa that Steve bought me with the wibbly wobbly legs that made me laugh so much
- February rescued an abandoned cat.... We named her pudding
- Having a wonderful supportive man for when times get tough
- The successful making of Turkish delight
- Taking our friends on their first camping experience
- Steve bought tickets to Runrig five rows back
- Grateful that I have such a forgiving partner
- Spent a wonderful day creating with Katie Jen's daughter
- Steve painted the living room ceiling to help me See better
- Glorious sunrises and sunsets that nature brains
- Great start to the New Year work comes in before I even start back
- November blues continued improvement
- December refund from my Hermes For damaged parcel
- Hot chocolate in Nero's on Boxing Day with Steve
- A much-needed break a cup of tea and a chat with Sandra at brides and Belles
- Sarah J calling round with two Steve Norton CDs despite the howling wind And her poorly back
- Kind and thoughtful Christmas presents from Steve's family
- Can't wait to see Daisy's face when she opens her leap pad
- The excitement on the Grandkids faces on Christmas Day
- And of course... the many, many, Brides and Grooms that have passed through the doors of Inspired by Script this year... Thank you... it's been a great year!
So... the above may not seem like much to most people... but the smallest of blessings can bring the deepest of joy. As you can see, out 2 wonderful Grand kids, Daisy and Mylo, make up a large part of this list.
For the most part, 2013 was taken up with work and business matters and getting my act together! It was hard work and many things were sacrificed... but we wouldn't change it for the world.
I've known from the start... way back in 1999, that I am doing the job I was born to do..... in fact, it's not a job at all.... it's a pleasure.
This coming year I plan to be a bit more attentive and add more things as they happen. The jar works for me as I keep it in the kitchen with a pad and pen near it. It's easy to scribble a note and drop it inside.
I have tried Gratitude journals in the past, but for some reason I never really get past a couple of weeks with them. Perhaps it's because I can see the stack of paper building up in the jar that makes me more likely to keep things up.
It's definitely been worthwhile... and I've met some great people on the Facebook list too :-)
Well then.... have I persuaded you
to make a Good Things Jar?
I really hope I have.