Monday 27 April 2020

Pop-up Box Card and how they work


I remember seeing my first pop-up box card on a Facebook group I'm in. 
WOW! Just WOW! Did someone make that? So I set to work on making my own.
I remember the first one I made took me almost all day, but the magic of seeing it pop open was so worth it!  I set about making one for each of my family members birthdays. They became easier and I found ways around the long-winded ways on You Tube making them quicker at least.

They come flat, but with a gentle squeeze of both sides they pop up into a box and the little graphics, hearts or whatever bob around and bring a unique sense of magic to the recipient. 


Everyone who received a card loved them 
With practice, it was sourcing the graphics
which turned out to be the most time-consuming part.



This is the first one I made for my make-up mad niece. 


The Mad Hatters tea party for a friend
(on the left.)



This one I made for my brother who is mad
on all kinds of pushbikes



I worked on ideas that were quicker to make 
and in turn, this made them affordable. 
I love the way these hearts bob around 
and the glitter card catches the light. 


Watch again how they work......apologies for the awful video..... 
I didn't intend to share it.... but hey-ho! 


I'm going to work on more 'Off the shelf' cards and as time goes on fill up my shop a little with Popup Boxes for special occasions. 

I have toyed with the idea of offering these as kits, what do you think?  I'm keen to know your views so please pop me a comment. 

Any questions will be answered. 

Pop over to the website link POP UP CARDS  to see more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...