Wednesday 2 February 2011

Moving forward.....

This has been a long time coming and something I have wanted to do for years. In order to take the business forward and get away from the staid, old fashioned way of thinking that calligraphy is just for certificates and a dying art, I have finally invested in a foiling machine.

I am mainly focusing on Wedding Stationery and I can see my wedding website http://northyorkshireweddings.co.uk and my wedding blog http://northyorkshireweddings.blogspot.com getting quite a battering lol.
I have chosen a large variety of foil colours, mainly because the trend for 2011 is hot, tropical and vibrant and brides are finally turning away from traditional and in my opinion sometimes dated ideas and coming up with something new, fresh and contemporary.

Here are the 14 colours available....
Yesterday morning I spent with a paper rep, determined to get the quality of the paper right and not compromise on quality and cost. Your invitation sets the tone of the whole weddings and a beautiful card raises hopes and expectations of those attending.

The afternoon was spent experimenting with the various card.....some worked better than others. I have now narrowed it down to 2. I am sticking to 2 card colours white and off-white or ivory and the colour will be added with either foil or ribbon or both.

Here's a wedding invitation in gorgeous Peacock foil....stunning...

And if purple is your colour this violet is lush....

I am also planning on making personalised cards with
the foiling machine.......


All in all, I'm really excited about the future of Inspired by Script and looking forward to focusing on bespoke orders and commissions and working with clients on a more one to one basis and taking the stuffy 'Ye Olde Worldy' feel out of a traditional craft and into the contemporary 21st century world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...