Monday 5 October 2015

#TOP TIP TUESDAY from InspiredByScript.co.uk #4





#4 WHEN ORDERING STATIONERY –
 PLEASE DON’T ASK YOUR WEDDING STATIONER TO COPY SOMEONE ELSE’S IDEA/DESIGN

Yes, believe it or not….this does happen.
I suppose with all the inspirational boards and Pinterest out there it’s understandable that Brides set their hearts on something and then that’s all they focus on.

By all means, show ideas or flavours of things you have found, but if you ask for a direct, blatant copy, from a reputable designer or maker their answer will be NO!

There are some good reasons for this, the main one being, it’s HIGHLY ILLEGAL! 

The second good reason for me is: I have hundreds of my own designs… why would I want to copy someone else’s.

When people come to me for invitations and stationery, I am assuming they are coming because they like my ‘style’ of designs or at least know that we can work together to come up with something suitable.

Of course, you can’t copyright something generic, like a pocket fold with a piece of ribbon across the top for instance or a folded card with some ribbon or pearls glued onto it. There are always exceptions to the rule. However, from a design point of view whether you WANT to make something like this and put your name to it… well that’s another matter.

By all means…. Bring to me your inspiration boards. Tell me what you like/don’t like about what you have pinned on it. That way, we’ll get to understand your essence and style and come up with something unique to you.


HELP OTHERS & SHARE...
SHARING IS CARING

WHAT'S YOUR TOP TIP?
Leave a comment by clicking the comments tab, we'd love to hear about them.

FIND THIS USEFUL?


Hit the share buttons in the box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting Inspired by Script. We love hearing what you think and from other creatives too. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...